Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Taking a forced break

I apologize to those of you who have been checking this blog in the hope of a little glimpse into our lives here in rural Japan.... the lives are going on, just with a slightly different twist to them!
Unfortunately life has dealt me a few hard blows over the last month and I have been in hospital for the last few weeks.  Don't worry, nothing life threatening, but the need to slowly reduce medication means it is going to take more than another month before I will be able to be get back home.
This blog will therefore be on hold until then.  I do have a private blog where I am writing about my hospital life here so that my family and friends can get all the information they need in one place.  I'm guessing that I may eventually make it a public one (it is becoming less and less medical and more and more general Japan hospital life stuff!), but if there is anyone that would really be interested in reading it please send me a message and I can add you to the list.

Thank you for all the positive comments regarding this blog in the past - being part of a cyber community has been an interesting and supportive experience.  It will return, but for now I am just dreaming of getting back into rural life....!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 pm

    I hope you are doing well now! please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, my friend. Get well soon Jo. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it's not a quick fix but glad you are getting some rest. Take care and see you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that only you did not have enough time to write this blog because you were in very busy time. But my guess was wrong. I am looking forward to seeing photos of your good crops after you will be back. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please take it easy and enjoy the rest. The oncoming cold weather should take care of the weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca2:48 am

    Take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry to hear you have been through such hard times. There are times when I found myself in the garden or cooking something (btw, I've tried the pumpkin muffins and are delicious) and I'm thinking of how is the life right then on the other side of the world, in rural Japan. And now, reading this... Take good care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete