Friday, September 19, 2008

Busy day

Does anybody else have days where things are just so busy, but go so smoothly that at the end of it all you have a great sense of accomplishment? Today was one of those days for me. It started with the main event - a cooking classroom for 11 people. They were all people who had collected "stamps" by shopping at shops in Usa and they were cashing in their stamps to come and participate in a herb and NZ baking morning. Fortunately they paid me in cash, not stamps! It was a lot of fun and as well as the ooing and aaing over simple things like cheap cheese graters, can openers and garlic presses we managed to make 5 different things in 2 hours..... herbed french bread, herbed potato salad, basil pesto, citrus slice and pumpkin muffins. They went home laden with fresh basil, lemon grass and lemon verbena and seemed to have a great day.
30 minutes after they left a friend came over with her 2 children and we drunk copious quantities of coffee while the children raced around outside. Then 5 minutes after they left my English student arrived for her weekly lessons. Needless to say we went to the convenience store for tea tonight!
Tomorrow I'm off to KitaKyushu for the day to do a team building program for a group of ladies.... I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I might start collecting stamps too! Herb French Bread - as you in you made the bread too? I want a lesson in that. You do the teaching and I will supply the wine - really must sort out wine evening soon. Seriously. Let me know a Friday or Saturday night - or Sunday or Monday night ( :) ) when you aren't crazy busy like this day was!!

    ReplyDelete