Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Frog obsession?

I'm starting to think that I should perhaps rename this blog "frog fanatic".  I am honestly not obsessed with frogs, but living in the middle of rice fields means that you literally do find them all over the place.  Usually they are the cute little green frogs, but tonight I spotted this beautiful (?), BIG bull frog on the grass just outside the front door.  It was just sitting there in the dark taking a break and didn't seem at all put out that it was having its photo taken - perhaps the flash blinded it into a frozen state.  My son decided it was practicing to be a model.... I'm just hoping it wasn't trying to devise a scheme to get inside and take a ride in the washing machine - I'm not sure I would be so calm if this one hopped out at the end of the cycle!

1 comment:

  1. I understand this post completely, we also live surrounded by rice fields and we see frogs daily too so this post made me smile. : ) Love your frog posts! I like the little ones too same as you. But we had a big one taking a snooze on the front lawn one morning last year, he was completely zonked out asleep. My husband was thinking he was dead at first, that's how soundly he was asleep. : )

    And yes, hope this big one doesn't try hopping in your washing machine. You would hear great big thuds during the rinse cycle for sure. ; )

    ReplyDelete