Monday, September 10, 2007

Weeds

With the children finally back at school and kindy I have managed to get some more time in the garden - something that was definately long overdue! I forgot to take a before and after shot of the garden, but I did remember to take a picture of the pile of weeds that came out of the garden.... it's a little hard to see in the picture, but believe me it is an incredibly big pile of weeds!
Fortunately in Japan they have these wonderful little trucks to cart all the rubbish away, and fortunately my father-in-law has two (I'm not really sure why....) so I got to cruise around in it today - carting away weeds, collecting mulched leaves etc. Sometimes father-in-laws really are useful!
Unfortunately in order to dump the weeds I have to negotiate this rather wonderful piece of architecture, also known as a bridge... Apparently this kind of bridge is designed so that when the typhoons come and the rivers come up really high it can just become part of the river - hence no side rails etc. It is about the width of a car and usually I just close my eyes and hope as I drive over it! Possibly not the most sensible thing to do, but it has worked so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment