Friday, September 29, 2006

Chestnut links

Someone asked if I could pass on the links that people sent me about cooking chestnuts after my "exploding" experience - here are a few. I particularly like the comment in one of them that my sister sent me:

Warnings:
Chestnuts that have not been cut or pricked to allow steam to escape may explode, even after being removed from the heat.
Thanks Meg! A little late, but nice to know I proved them correct.

Anyway, here are a few links I received:

UK Ready, Steady Cook Site
:

A Japanese blog
http://panpanpanpan.blog21.fc2.com/

The Australian Chestnut Company


Cooks.com

Now the question is which recipe to try tomorrow.... I'm heading towards the "Baked Chestnut and Chocolate Pudding" - provided I can get the chestnuts out of their shells safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment