Friday, July 27, 2007

Cooking in Kitsuki

This morning I spent the morning with a group of 14 women and 2 men cooking New Zealand food, using ingredients which are grown in this region. At this time of year there are not so many that I can make off hand, but with a little bit of creativity we managed to make Citrus slice, Pumpkin muffins, Kumara and mandarin salad and herb mayonnaise. Fortunately we were doing it in a large cooking room rather than my small kitchen! Fortunately the airconditioning was on too.... it was 37 degrees today outside!

In an attempt to combat the heat here we have started freezing fruit... it makes great snacks and desserts! My personal favorites are grapes and watermelon. Cold and yum!
Tomorrow we will have my son's 5th birthday party.... I only hope the icing will stay on the cake long enough to cut it - I can just see it melting now!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:30 pm

    Happy Birthday for tomorrow Masaki!!! Hope the bday plans go well.Hope you're all well! Whoa 37 degrees is a bit different to the chilly dunedin weather! Take care, luv Amanda Taylor

    ReplyDelete