Friday, January 28, 2011

New Laying Spot

I've decided that the escapee chicken is actually very smart. She still insists on escaping each day to lay her egg and is onto her 4th different spot now (well the 4th one that I have found anyway...). We had a patch of really cold, windy, snowy weather for a while and during that time she discovered the bike shed and took it over as her daily laying spot. The first time I discovered her in there it was because she had actually rung the bell on the bike to alert us that she had finished. She now strolls up to the deck door when she has finished laying and "asks" us to let her back into the chicken house. I'm hoping she will keep using her new nest for a while yet... it is clean, dry and easy to find!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that chook.
    (I also really like the new look of your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much!!! I'm smiling hearing that she's now moved on to the bike shed.: ) I agree she's definitely smart Jo. She really does pick some excellent or maybe I should say eggcellent spots.; )

    And you're right if she decides to lay there for a while at least it's probbaly easy to go and get her egg.

    And ha ha ha, she rang the bicycle bell? She's just too funny! I like this chicken so much! : )

    ReplyDelete