Monday, January 16, 2012

New Zealand Trip Part 2

After a relaxing time with my mother's side of the family we headed to my father's in Christchurch and arrived just in time for a big earthquake - a great welcome! We had quite a few during our time there - but none as big as the first day. Christmas was great - very relaxed with people coming and going all day.
We then collected my husband from the airport on the 26th and spent 4 days on the road seeing parts of New Zealand that were new to him (and for the most part me too!). The first day was spent with family at the pools in Hanmer - absolutely perfect weather and great fun for the kids (and bigger kids....). We then headed off for a night each at Richmond (just out of Nelson), Blenheim then Kaikoura before heading back to Christchurch. We had no real "plans" so it was great to be able to just drive and stop whenever we felt like it - going for some nice bushwalks etc. Unfortunately the weather packed a sad in Nelson and we had continual rain for the last half of the road trip- meaning we had to cancel our highly anticipated whale watching.
I really should go through my husband's photos and get some of the better ones, but...he takes so many that I can never choose. Instead here are a few highlights from my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment