Friday, July 11, 2008

Hidden friends

As the heat really kicks in the vegetables either take off or die off. So far the cucumbers are producing millions a day and the tomatoes are starting to do the same, with the zucchinis, okra, peppers etc. not far behind either. I pickled the first of this year's gherkins yesterday and when I went to pick some more this afternoon I discovered that the gherkin leaves are providing a nice bit of shade for my little froggy friends.
Despite falling down due to its amazing weight the passion fruit are still growing strongly too. I have managed to sneak a few that have dropped off and turned purple, but I am still waiting for the majority of them to change colour. I have no idea what I will do with them all if they do actually ripen..... but it has been fun growing them for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment