Saturday, March 03, 2012

Happy Birthday Mike!

This is my brother, Mike. Today is his birthday! When we were growing up I always thought it was unfair that, being older than me, he always got to go past all the milestones before me. He turned 5 first and could therefore go to school first, he hit double digits first, got to finish school first, got to drink first, got to drive first, got to live away from home first... the list of things he got to do first was endless and of course it was not fair!
Of course there was the minor issue that I was younger and could therefore get away with more things, but of course getting to do things first was far more important than that!
Today he hits the big 40 - and all of a sudden I'm not so sad that he gets to do this first! I can remember thinking that 40 was sooooo old, although my view of this has changed as it grows closer for me!
Happy Birthday Mike. I hope my continual pulling of your hair when I was so young didn't contribute to your lack of it now... Have a great day and start showing the world that 40 can be the best time of your life! Don't worry, I'll be joining you soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment