Monday, October 06, 2008

What a waste!

I know you have all been holding your breath... did I get up early and make the lunch box? Did it rain? Was the sports day postponed? The answer to all the above was... yes! The worst possible scenario happened - I decided the rain may not be bad enough to cancel the sports day so got up before 5am and started making the silly lunch box. Then at 6am the phone went and... that's right the sports day was postponed till next week. AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH! It meant there was plenty for breakfast and lunch and I managed to use some of it for dinner too - for the guests that we had to stay. Another really nice couple doing the hike and bike - this time from Maryland, America. I guess looking at it in a positive light it means I have had a practice run for next week!
Today my daughter had a day off school (in lieu of going on Saturday) so we went to do some extra research on the town of Yufuin. I will take my father's group there at the end of the month so I wanted to make sure I didn't get them too lost! One of the problems with Japanese travel is that in order to see some of the best places you really have to be able to read some Japanese. Today we went to a great hot spring bath that proves the point. When you get in the gate you are given a map in Japanese, instructions in Japanese and let loose in a beautiful area to find your way to the hot spring that suits you best. There are private baths for those who are a little shy or wonderful, big open air baths with wonderful views of the mountain for those who don't mind baring their bits to the rest of the world. There is even a mixed bath for the very brave, but we didn't quite make it there! Of course the problem is which door should you go in? The signs in the pictures show whether it is the female or male bath..... I guess it is lucky that I will be there to help out with this group!
Carp feeding was the highlight of the outing for my daughter. You can never have enough food to satisfy them! You can work out whether I am talking about the carp or my daughter....

1 comment:

  1. I've been to that bath! I could never find my way back to it again though, so I'll be bringing my map of Yufuin next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete