Sunday, July 10, 2011

Frustration

I am having a very interesting experience right now.... I really wanted to watch the final of the netball world championships between New Zealand and Australia. Only I live in Japan and they have never even heard of the sport. I don't trust most of the streaming sites, but yesterday discovered that the semi-final was live on the radio (http://www.radiosport.co.nz/ListenLive/ ) I figured that listening to it was better than nothing. So I was sitting listening to it on the radio - but then I discovered that there is a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TV.Splash.Apps?sk=app_142452699165582)which is streaming it live - so I started watching it - only to discover that the commentary is in some language which is not English. No problem I thought - I'll listen to the radio and watch it on the facebook page. Only problem is that the facebook coverage is about a minute later than the actual live radio. So I have the choice - either listen to what is going to happen and then watch it happen, or just watch with no commentary.
It is half time - New Zealand is ahead by 6 goals and pictures with no commentary is winning over the radio at the moment..... Sometimes I miss NZ TV!

3 comments:

  1. Megan7:38 pm

    Talk about an INTENSE game!! Bloody Auzzies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:50 pm

    I had the same problem - couldn't find a good link to watch it live. I ended up watching extra time on my mum's tv through skype! Gutted eh!
    Andrea (kiwi in Japan too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 pm

    I had the same problem - couldn't find a good link to watch it live. I ended up watching extra time on my mum's tv through skype! Gutted eh!
    Andrea (kiwi in Japan too)

    ReplyDelete