Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cloth book number 2

I said in a previous post that we only sent two presents to New Zealand this year.  The second was a cloth book for my other niece.  Last year I attempted my first cloth book and I figured if I did basically the same thing again for my other niece then it wouldn't take so long and by the time my other sisters got around to having children I would be a pro!  The only problem is that I am not very good at doing the same thing twice, so I ended up using the same basic concept, but completely different designs for each page.  I started early this year though and really enjoyed fiddling away every now and then.  
Some features of this book are (just in case you haven't worked them out, Adele) .... finger puppets that can be removed and played with from the front page, a cob of corn that can be unzipped, Mario Bros. houses with friends inside, and a fashion conscious clown who can change his hat when he feels the need.
Now all I need is for someone to have a boy so I can try out some really boyish designs! 
A big thank you to Jacqui, who once again custom made a great bag to put it in.  She currently has a sale on for anyone who is interested in her great bags!







14 comments:

  1. Birgit8:37 am

    Wow Jo, I am impressed! What a cute book! You are a real artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Birgit...Wow! You must have put so much work into that book. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the book! Just the thought of the fiddly sewing necessary gives me the shudders though. You're niece is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I've been reading your blog for a few years, never commented before but since I like reading your blog I will try to comment from now on.
    The book looks amazing! It really does, I'm sure your neice will treasure it when she's older. I'd love to make handmade gifts but I've never really tried my hands at anything.
    Oh and I just moved to a new place and like you were saying about your fridge I have these cool buttons on every new appliance I got (fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher) but I haven't figured them out yet, and I really don't even think I need to. Usually one button or setting does the job LOL
    Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adele loves her book.... that is when Mum lets here play with it...... don't want to ruin such a keepsake and all that! We are well impressed and I show it off to visitors when they come. Very big thanks for the time and effort. Now what can we get you to make next?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, you definitely make *the* coolest cloth books, I've ever seen. All the fine detailing. The corn with zipper (loved this), the page with 3 bracelets, so totally cute with all the different beads. Loved the little Mario character faces too. I also like how you personalize each book with name and picture. So cool! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, you've missed your calling! Why are you mucking around with jam and pickle?! You SO have a genius way with these books!! Will certainly be looking to see and handle this one if i can wrestle it off Bec!!! D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo,You have SOOOO missed your calling!! Why are you mucking around with jam and pickle? You have such a genius way with these books. I will certainly be looking to see and handle this one if I can wrestle it off Bec!! D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan4:05 am

    Ummm so this is ridiculously good! What are you like at making classroom resources!? Haha you might have to move closer so I can outsource to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness. It's amazing. Far better than a bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KatieM6:56 am

    I've been following your blog for a while now and this is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really is amazing Jo! I hope your siblings appreciate how much effort you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing Jo! truly inspiring work

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:24 am

    Hi there, curious if you can make one for my son? I LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete