Monday, January 28, 2013

Photos





Like most mothers I spent a lot of time putting photos of my children into albums for the first few years of their life.  Unfortunately with the invention of digital cameras I stopped printing them out for quite a while and now find myself with many years of no printed records of my children's development.  There are zillions of photos in various places on the computer, but now the job of sorting them all out just seems too overwhelming. 
The other day my father sent me a few photos of me from many years ago - photos that I don't think I have ever seen.  I had always thought that I had real memories of this time in my life, but I realised that most of my memories have been formed/reinforced by photos.  I always think that there is no way that my children could forget some of the special events in their lives, but these photos brought back the fact that they probably will and therefore the need for me to keep records for them.  Hopefully I will feel motivated enough to trawl through the folders and folders of photos and sort them out in the very near future - or at least before the computer crashes and we lose them all - like we did a few years ago!

4 comments:

  1. I found when life got busy I stopped printing photos, but then I found out about making albums online and how easy it could be! I use blurb.com but know friends and family who have used other sites. You upload photos and arrange them into into an album, then order and they are delivered to you. Super easy, really nice albums, and not as expensive as I had worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha loving the perms and the late 70's/80s glow of the photos!! It's so true though that so much of your 'memories' are tied to photos. Meg also has memories she thinks are hers, but i swear are mine...i'm sure i have photographic proof somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty sweater you were wearing in that last picture. What a cutie pie you were. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was noticing all of the nice sweaters too! You must have had a good knitter in the family.

    ReplyDelete