Wednesday, October 11, 2006

House planting... at last!

Yesterday I finally got around to planting some things in the tunnel house. I have been meaning to do it for a long time but ..... there are always so many other things to do! Anyway, it hasn't rained for a long time so planting things outside is pretty much impossible, so I started on the tunnel house. I know that after my father-in-law sees it he is going to probably re-do it all, but I think my use of the tunnel house frame to hold up the nets for the cucumbers etc. is imaginative if nothing else! Anyway, there are now cucumbers, zucchinis, passionfruit, rhubarb, tomatoes, habanero and plenty of basil planted in the house among all the other seedlings etc.
I've never planted anything directly in a tunnel house before so it is definately a case of "wait and see" as to whether anything will actually grow. I'll keep you posted!
Oh - another piece of advice (I'm such a wealth of knowledge....) if you are doing work in a tunnel house don't spend the morning chatting to your sister on Skype.... tunnel houses heat up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment