Sunday, November 12, 2006

Strange creatures

I still haven't had time to get into the garden this weekend, but I did have time to quickly snap some photos of Japan's equivilent of the Loch Ness Monster on my way to work this morning. These "creatures" appear near one of the local schools mysteriously every autumn and conveniently disappear before rice planting preaparation the following year. I think they are based on a famous cartoon here called "Tottoro" - but I could be wrong... A little bit of fun in the middle of nowhere!
Tomorrow the inspectors are finally coming to check out Kiora Cottage to see if it is suitable for guests - good timing as the article finally appeared in the paper today - a little later than planned - apologies to anyone looking for it on the 3rd..... I guess I should go and make sure the soap is in the right place and take the fire extinguishers out of their boxes.....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 pm

    So that's where Dougal from the Magic Roundabout retires to in autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and I like Totoro...he thinks the cat bus is cool! This is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete