Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas preparations





Tomorrow is Christmas. The children went to bed extra early in the hope that Christmas will come early. However this year Christmas is going to be a little strange. My son still has kindergarten and it is their Christmas party and he doesn't want to miss it. 6 mothers came to my house today to make 80 small Christmas cakes (well actually chocolate muffins) and ice lots of gingerbread cookies. One of the mothers approached me a few days ago with the idea of making a gingerbread house for the children.... so I spent yesterday doing that and then they iced the cookies to go with it. Here's hoping the roof doesn't fall off before tomorrow and that the children actually like it! Christmas will be celebrated in the afternoon and evening here - if the turkey thaws out in time and if we find some veges to go with it!
In other news my mother participated in her first ever game of ten pin bowling and we went and visited my favorite quiet temple, Futagoji (well it was quiet when my children weren't with us!).
Apologies to all those who have sent me e-mails lately that I haven't responded to. I promise to reply soon... when tomorrow is over! Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. You are too good opening the house to all those mothers - and the gingerbread house. Hope rumor of that doesn't make it to Kunimi!! Hope you had a nice day and knowing you the bird would have been perfect and the vegies in abundance an no doubt something lush for afters.

    Has K had her baby??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry late Christmas,

    You're gingerbread house looks amazing. I am off to hunt down molasses today as I promised the girls a gingerbread house and it's now waaayyy past due!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to know - is do you run that place? Kind of like the unelected official??!! Talk about clever - that house is amasing!!

    ReplyDelete