Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Cleaning




Anybody who knows me well knows that I will never win any awards for being the most enthusiastic cleaner in the world. If I have done some cleaning (and by this I usually stop at vacuuming...) while the children are away they always come home and say "who is coming?" or "who came to visit today?". So although I love having visitors I don't really enjoy cleaning the house in preparation for their arrival. However this week I seem to be on a bit of a roll. We had two sets of friends come to play on Monday, followed by guests last night and there are more guests arriving tomorrow. The cottage has been cleaned twice in the last two days and the house is still reasonably tidy and even a few windows have been cleaned. I hope the kids (and my husband) don't get used to it to much!
Last night's guests were a family from kindergarten. The older daughter had planned to come with a couple of friends, but when they pulled out the family decided to come instead. It was fun for the children to have children to play with and I spent most of my time chatting with the mother and her older daughter - if you could call it chatting! The mother is very worried about how shy the daughter is... so I spent a lot of time trying to get her to communicate. As is often the case the biggest problem was the mother who would answer every question I asked directly to the daughter etc. I guess one day the daughter will rebel and become her own person... when is the question! The younger daughter is exactly one year younger than my son - another reminder of how tall my children are!
More guests tomorrow followed by a trip to see Kitty on Friday - can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment