Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful again....

At the moment I am trying to clean out the freezer before we head to New Zealand next month. As always there seems to be a lot of food in it that I have forgotten about and that needs to be used. One of the biggest items at the very bottom was a huge chunk of wild boar meat that we were very kindly (??) given by one of the neighbours. I decided to mince it all up and make some of it into a meatloaf and put the rest back in the freezer in minced form for another rainy day.... well at least that was the plan until I semi-thawed it and started to cut the fat off. And cut the fat off. And cut the fat off! As you can see by the picture there was a lot more fat than meat..... which the mincer really doesn't enjoy so in the end I managed to get enough meat to make a meat loaf (the other end was a bit less fatty!) if I combined it with a bit of beef mince and that was it. I guess I shouldn't complain when free meat falls into your freezer, but .......

"Medea" - thanks for commenting on the tidying blog entry - the crazy lady way of folding clothes really does take up less space - up to half depending on what you are folding.... worth trying even if it is just for the t-shirts drawer!

No comments:

Post a Comment