Saturday, February 11, 2012

Location, location, location!

Usually when I plant something new in my garden I buy more than one and plant them in different places and see where it will really thrive and where it will flop. I used this technique with my lemon trees and there is a HUGE difference between the two trees, despite being planted only about 30 metres apart. The tree down by the chicken house is laden with huge, very juicy lemons and the tree up near the road has ZERO lemons on it - in fact it has never produced a lemon in the 4 or 5 years it has been there. My husband is determined to freeze them all (something he saw on TV....) so I need to use some of them to make a few things before they all disappear into the depths of the freezer. This morning yielded lemon honey and crunchy lemon muffins. Yum!



2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to have a lemon tree.

    Those muffins and the lemon honey look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my to do list this year!!!
    Someone posted a yummy looking lemon and blueberry cake on Facebook this week, I must give that a go this weekend

    ReplyDelete