Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cloverless

It may not always be obvious, but I try quite hard not to write really negative things on my blog. There are a lot of frustrating things that happen every day and for me focusing on them just seems to make them all worse. But... having said that I also find that if I do a bit of complaining then I often get the problem off my chest and realise it wasn't such a big issue anyway. So on that latest note, I'm going to break my "positivity rule" and get something off my chest so that I don't take it out too much on the person involved....
Yesterday I drove up the road to our house and discovered my mother-in-law in my garden. I think I have mentioned before that we have a pretty good relationship and after a few tears in the past which were shed over plants which she ripped out thinking they were weeds etc. I thought we had an agreement that she would stay out of my garden or at least consult me before she got her digger out. However she seems to have forgotten that recently (either that or she just has far too little to do) and I arrived home to find that she had weeded a big strip between my peas... which I had planted in clover to help improve the soil, attract a few bees etc. The clover was just starting to take off as the weather warms up a little. Needless to say I was more than a little annoyed so called out the window to PLEASE stop immediately as I had actually intentionally planted those "weeds". I managed to say it quite nicely, but for some reason she got angry at me and told me that I should have told her... not quite sure how I could have done that when I wasn't even home when she started it and when I thought we had an agreement that she leaves my garden alone..... I think she is just anxious because her peas failed to germinate this year and so is relying on mine for her dinner!
Phew, that is off my chest. It's not going to bring back my clover, but it does make me feel a little better. Thanks for "listening"!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say, I'm so sorry that happened. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how frustrating! What a difficult situation, sounds like you cope really well. x

    ReplyDelete